BEET FALAFEL BOWL by Isabelle
- 2 small beets
- 6 ounces canned chickpeas
- 1 cup baby kale
- 1 cub butternut squash
- 1/2 cup black or purple rice
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp peach jam (sweetened with grape concentrate)
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
1. Roast your beets on 400° for about 40 minutes.
2. Add rinsed chickpeas, beets, garlic, pepper flakes and salt into a food processor and process until they form a dough like consistency.
3. Put your oven on 350°, lay out a baking sheet with parchment paper and form little beet balls with 1 tbsp of the beet mix.
4. Bake for 35 minutes!
1. Add tahini, peach jam and 2-3 tbsp of water and mix until well combined. Add cardamom for an extra kick.
Prep the bowl:
1. Cook your rice for about 15 minutes.
2. Bake butternut squash with some salt and pepper for 30 minutes on 400°.
2. Take a bowl, add baby kale, squash, rice and beet balls. Top with tahini dressing.
--Recipe by Isabelle. Find more at ThePlantiful.com
Jenné & Isabelle
We're both passionate vegan foodies with backgrounds in nutrition. We decided to bridge our skills to create Buddhalicious; a program that guides members to find balance, excitement, and flavor on their plates, and in their lives.