With the next 30-Day Buddha Bowl Challenge starting on August 15th it seems like a perfect time to talk about why these one-dish meals are so amazing! Beyond the appeal of eating out of a bowl, Buddha bowls are pure magic! Here is why!
1. They're delicious! Healthy food should be delicious and satisfying, not bland and boring. Buddha bowl recipes combine a number of wholesome ingredients, and serve them with flavor packed spices, sauces, or broths. The combination of all of the ingredients together is nothing short of bowl-lickin' good. No need to sacrifice flavor for health when you're eating Buddha bowls.
2. Oh so healthy! The perfect Buddha bowl recipe includes whole grains, dark leafy greens, legumes, a starchy vegetable, and plenty of nutritious and delicious toppings. It tastes amazing, AND each part of the Buddha bowl is incredibly healthy and nutrient dense. Buddha bowls are full of fiber, protein, and complex carbohydrates to keep you energized and nourished throughout the day. They're also packed with antioxidants, healthy fats, phytonutrients, vitamins, and minerals. Together these nutrients are the basis of a healthy diet. Eating this way will help you reach your optimal weight, increase your energy, lower your risk of chronic disease, and even reverse some preexisting conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes, and obesity.
3. Easy to make. Making a Buddha bowl requires that you spend a few hours in the kitchen on one day each week to prep and cook your ingredients. Then, throughout the week you can throw together a delicious bowl in less than 10 minutes (and as little as 5). It's really that easy! In our 30-Day Buddha Bowl Challenge we give you all of the meal plans, shopping lists, and prep instructions necessary to have the optimal Buddha bowl experience.
4. Beautiful & Full of Color. Eating your colors is important because each color in a whole food represents different phytonutrients (plant nutrients that act as protective nutrients in our bodies). Buddha bowls are an easy way to make sure that you're eating a wide variety of these powerful nutrients; and who doesn't appreciate a beautiful meal?
5. Family-friendly. Anyone can enjoy a Buddha bowl. If you cook for a family member who eats meat, they can still eat a Buddha bowl, so no need for you to cook multiple meals. Even kids love creating their bowls and topping them with colorful ingredients.
In what ways have Buddha bowls improved your life? Share your comment below!
If you're new to the Buddhalicious world, join us for the brand new 30-Day Buddha Bowl Challenge starting August 15. It's an online program that will help you adopt a healthy, delicious, and easy plant-based diet. Click here to learn more and sign up today!
Jenné & Isabelle
We're both passionate vegan foodies with backgrounds in nutrition. We decided to bridge our skills to create Buddhalicious; a program that guides members to find balance, excitement, and flavor on their plates, and in their lives.